So here are a few more of the quilts I sent off to QFK.
This quilt is "Spot"...yep as in Spot the dog. I love how this turned out. It is a change from the "traditional" quilt for kids quilt. It is completely 100% from my stash! I love the red, blue and yellow combination.
Also had a cute little helper with my quilt display! Thanks DG for your help! I am really falling in love with pieced backs. Something about that surprise on that back. The interest of variety instead of one piece of fabric. I love that I can take little bits and make something big enough to back a quilt.
Close up of quilting. I quilted it in white and I am very happy with the end result.
Another plug for the faux binding! I love. love. love. this application. This one is so cute with the striped binding and red faux piping.
Spot washed, folded and ready to snuggle with.
This is one of the quilts made from our big shopping trip to Jo-Ann's this past summer. Aimee (my daughter) picked and pieced this quilt top. She did a great job with consistent seam allowances...however after it was all quilted and bound...in fact when I was taking the picture...I saw it! Yep a turned block! I don't know why when you look through the lens of a camera it pops out better, but it cerainly does do that. It's okay Aimee the Amish make a mistake on purpose to show their humilty...It was on purpose right?
The stitching is hard to see, but is a flower and leaf design. I stitched again in white.
The faux binding. Did I mention I LOVE stripes?
"Grandma's flower garden" washed, folded and ready to love.
"Summer watermelon" was a quilt top I had pieced together several years ago. I had made two at the time, and just never finished this one. I had fun quilting it.I quilted it in a varigated hot pink thread. I used a heart and vine design. This design was a design I have in stock, but probably would have never done. A customer picked it for one of her quilts. I fell in love and have used it several times since.
Of course more faux binding.
Washed., folded and ready for love.















5 comments:
I just love the model, He is so cute. I don't love my Butt in the background. I do LOVE all the beautiful quilts you have made. I have learned a lot from you!
Such cute quilts! You truly are amazing!!! I also think you have a super cute model helping you out :)
These are amazing! Do you have your own long arm quilting machine?
Well is great not to be perfect... I like it better in the picture then in person.
haha wow it took me forever to figure out which block was turned. They turned out great!
Post a Comment