Friday, January 13, 2012

The 50 before 50 project

I did accomplish my goal of 50 charity blankets before my 50th birthday.  It felt good to accomplish this goal.  I hope the little people who receive these blankets will be comforted and find hope in a snuggle.
Here are shots of some of the next 32 taggy blankets that were finished.  These were fun to make, but I must admit I was glad to see them finished.






I also finished 2 "Quilt for Kids" quilts and 8 of my own.  I post the pictures below with their names.  The first two are the kit quilts.
This This one I called "Once upon a time".

It is a quilt for kids kit....  I couldn't find fabric I liked for the binding so I used leftover from the backing...not my favorite but it will do.

This was also a quilt for kids kit.  I loved the colors and prints in this one.  So cute!  I called it "Boom-chicka-boom...The backing was so cute!


Close up of the backing  Gotta love Biker baby...hahaha!
The traditional washed, folded and ready to love picture!  Just love the look!
I loved that I found fabric that went so well with the other prints and colors to bind with.  The kits don't come with binding.  They suggest a sandwich finish.  Since I machine quilt them, I am not interested in that type of finish.  Sometimes finding fabric that coordinates is a challenge.

This a shot of the backing of "Once upon a Time".  Cute but just not my style....I am sure it will make some one happy and definately warm.

2 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

So fun to see all the projects done!! Way to go Mom!!! They all turned out so great!

April Garvin said...

these look so good! You are so kind to do that