This is by far one of my favorite little quilts! "It is a Jungle out There" is another completely from the stash closet. Something about digging around in your scraps and coming up with something completely adorable makes you feel accomplished or at least a bit worth while.
I used a varigated thread with the primary colors. It turned out so cute! I LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. it!
Faux piped binding! I know I am boring...I sometimes wonder if I will ever do anything besides this application....Well for these lttle charity quilts I feel like this is the best for these so yes, I will continue on the charity quilts to do this binding.

The back...a scrap
A close up of the backing....Don't those monkeys just make you giggle.
"It's a Jungle out There" so climb under the covers and snuggle....It's already!
This is another one of the shopping trip tops. Aimee did this one also. She did a GREAT job and I know it will be a fun quilt for a teen girl.
Close up of the quilting. I used a light lavendart thread and quilted the frisky feathers design. I love this quilt design. I used a tone on tone black for the backing.
Binding and finished quilt.
This was Dawnise's other choice for the quilts. I love when others pick and choose. I don't know that I would have put the red and purple together. Maybe because the green print lends itself to those choices....but still I just don't know that I would have done it that way. But I love the results...so fun! Again I think this will be a great choice for a tween or teen girl.
Close up of the quilting, done in white with the Dandy pantograph...love that pantograph too!
If I did this quilt again, I would change one thing....I would reverse the binding. I would use red as the binding and the purple as the piping...but it is done! And the lady from QFK said they were great!
Washed, folded and ready to be loved!

Backing fabric. A bit plain, but it works out well.
This was a great and rewarding project/goal. I had fun. I loved that all of my girls got involved. It felt good to know that somewhere some small person is snuggling with a quilt I made or helped to make this past year. I have several tops done but not quilted. You will see more charity quilts this year. For now I have a couple of birthday gifts to finish up! My goal this year is homemade for the grandchildren's birthday's/ all of it or part of it! One down 9 to go...will post about that too!














2 comments:
I just love that jungle fabric. . . how come it looks so familar. . .is that the same fabric Parker chews on?? I am very proud of your accomplishment, and I know they will be loved!!
Thanks Kimberly...no, but I have used it for several things...perhaps a pillowcase? or two.
Post a Comment