Friday, January 27, 2012

First Birthday of the Year!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

First grandchild's birthday of the new year.  Miss Kamrie had her birthday at the beginning of the month. I made her Alphabet bean bags.  They were inspired by some my daughter made for a couple of the grandkids for Christmas.  I purchased the alphabet fabric at Jo-Ann's and used 5 different colors of solid cotton.  I used purple, red, blue, orange and green.  I cut the blocks 4 1/2 " square.  I then pressed a letter of the alphabet on each solid square, I rotated through the colors.  Then I stitched each bag wrong sides together on three sides leaving the fourth side open.  I filled them with the poli pellets.  I used pins and pinned the fourth side closed.  Then stitched along the fourth side.  I used thread the color of the solid fabrics.  After stitching all four sides I trimmed the seams with pinking shears to minimize fraying.  Put them all in a small bucket.  I added some other alphabet friendly games and such to the basket and voila a great gift!  I have a vinyl cutter so I cut my own letters.  Or you can purchase iron on letters at your local sewing store.

If you would like a set of alphabet letters you can contact me at  uniqueinspirations@cox.net.



3 comments:

Nat said...

They did look cool! How much of each color did you buy?

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Those turned out so cute!!-this is such a great gift, and easy too!!-I love the alphabet fabric, that was a good idea!

Pattie D said...

I think a 1/4 yard of the solid and 1/2 yard of the abc fabric