Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Busy week/weekend!

Whew! Wow, I can't believe I posted that last quilt a week ago....seems like yesterday. We have had a crazy week/weekend here. Monday morning I finished the binding on this little baby quilt.

I received inspiration from Crazy Mom quilts last fall. I have done one in blue also, it isn't finished. Actually Kimberly and I pieced 2 pinks and 2 blues, this is the first that is complete.
I love the striped binding. I feel like it pulls both the colors together in this quilt.

We choose a pale pink with brown polka dots for the back....too cute!



We also had the opportunity to have our 9 month old grandson for a few days while his Mom and Dad were away. What fun to have a baby in the house....well full time. He comes and visits often. He has mastered the stairs, and it is so fun to watch him go up and come down. He understands what he has to do at the top, although he gets so close to the edge he scares us a bit.

So if you were 9 months old what would you do with these little critters????






Well here is what our grandson does.....









No frog legs for this boy!



Gary also finished the Travelers he has been working on. His parents came down on Thursday to take it home. They had a couple of issues, which now we know, he has a bad head gasket...(he found that out yesterday about 3 hours away from our house.). They left Monday for their 1200 mile trek back home. They are determined to do this and our love and prayers go with them for a safe journey. They can do about 45 miles per hour in this little car. It is beautiful. Gary did all the wood on it for his Dad. His dad is so excited to drive this car back to Idaho. We will join them in July for a regional Model A meet to have the car judged and shown.



This little car is beautiful, pictures honestly do not do it justice. My mother in law who had not seen it since they brought it down, was so in awe of it. You can check out it's progress and trip home at http://theantiqueguy.blogspot.com This is completed car number 8 for my father in law, he has another started in his garage. I think he loves these little antique cars....we love our little antique guy!


So way to go honey, it is gorgeous. Good luck Mom and Dad on your journey home...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie! Raiden still doesn't know how to get down the stairs. However he wasn't even into climbing up them until he was about 11 months. Now he climbs up so he can try and rip apart the baby gate.

And Ryan was really admiring that car in the church parking lot. It IS very beautiful!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

I LOVE how the quilt turned out-I love the brown and pink-and the binding does pull it together very nice! Tykell is so cute! Love that boy!

Christy said...

WOW. Wow to the cute blanket! I love brown and pink together. Wow to the cute little boy in the tub! ;) and Wow to the car!! Holy cow! That is amazing! Sorry to hear about the bad head gasket...is it fixed now? We blew the head gasket on our honda when we were first married, pretty expensive to fix!

Dionne said...

What a CUTIE!!! I love how the quilt turned out, it looks fabulous!
Cheers,
Dionne

Beth at Aunties said...

The quilt is darling and love the colors!
The car was/is amazing. I can only imagine the LOVE and tender care let alone the hours which went into recreating a master piece. I didn't know waht a Travelers was at first and I am totally impressed!

How fun for you to come back home and be part of it!

Enjoy a happy week and your grandson is adorable...

*C*

OK, this is funny! The verification word is DUCKS! Just for him!

Nichole said...

You do such a great job on all of your quilts! What a great hobby! They are just beautiful!!