Sometimes you just HAVE to start new projects! Not that you mean to break any of your rules or suggestions for yourself...well I think you know what I mean. I received, via email, this week an invitation to a very special person's surprise birthday party on Saturday. I can't attend she lives about 14 hours away. I really wanted to do something special for her, it is a "significant" birthday. I decided I would try to do a lap quilt. Now I knew today, Thursday, would be the last day I could possibly mail it and have it arrive before the party. I went Tuesday and found a quilt kit (don't typically like those....but), it is a Quilt with Style kit from JoAnn's. I used the brown fabric on the back. It was very easy to piece and I quilted it with an oak leaf panto in the green thread.

I washed it before mailing it....It is hard to make out the oak leaf pattern .

And, of course, a finished quilt is not complete without the folded quilt picture....I love them.

If you are looking for a quick and simple project...this a four-star project when it comes to quick and simple.
I have two more tops quilted, just have to bind them....wohoo! I am finally getting a few things done around here.
5 comments:
Love the colors...
I love the quilt and the folded picture just makes it perfect! I am glad you got a project marked off your list :)-love ya
I also LOVE the colors of this quilt! They will love it! GOod job Mom!
WOW. I actually think you get a whole lot more done than you realize. You have so much energy. It totally shows through your blog. Beautiful quilt. SHe will LOVE it for sure.
Your quilts are beautiful! How nice that you made them from your scraps! Your quilting is great! Have a great day!
I am working on a log cabin quilt =)
Quilts are so much fun!
Post a Comment