Monday, April 20, 2009

Much needed Prayers!

I was going to post some quilts today, I will another day. Today my heart is full. One of our "adopted" daughters gave birth to her twins 17 weeks early yesterday. Miss Christy had been life flighted to a major medical center several hour drive from their home during the week due to complications. It was necessary to deliver these babes yesterday. For now they are stable, but they are so very tiny. This young lady was our oldest daughters best friend in high school. She spent so many hours at our house and on the boat with us. She would walk through my back door calling mom even if my daughter wasn't home. She would crawl on our bed and have talk time with us just like our very own children. She became one of ours, and not because she didn't have good parents! Her mom and dad are some of the most wonderful people we know, and we call them friend also. Christy's mom is a woman of deep abiding faith, and Christy has gained that from her. These sweet babes will be huge blessings in this little family's life. Christy and her hunk of a man have two other little girls. I know she will probably be checking in in the next day or so. So to our sweet Christy, R, M and A and babies E & E. We love you all, Mom and Dad C will remember you in our prayers. We are sad we are so far away and can't visit. Know you are thought of many times in a day. We know prayers are answered and that God has a plan!
Hugs to you all

And if you are so inclined a small prayer wouldn't hurt

6 comments:

Brenda said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers!
My first child was born 15 weeks early, she is our miracle! My little baby girl weighed one pound, seven ounces! Today she is 21 and still petite, but a true blessing and sweet as ever!
They are precious little babies and have such a sweet spirit. Medical technology is amazing and the NICU nurses are some of the most amazing people you will ever meet!
Best of luck to you!

Puhlman said...

Prayers coming your way. God does have a plan and a purpose. Sometimes we don't know what that is but thank goodness he is in charge.

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Thanks mom-That was perfectly said. Love you

Christy said...

HI Mom.:) Thank you for your post. It made me cry, but a good cry was needed today. We so much appreaciate everyone's thoughts and prayers for our little twins. They are doing well right now, and have some tough days ahead but I am just so thankful for the gospel and I know that they are in the Lord's hands. Thanks again for your sweet post and for being my MomC through all these years! I love you so much! Christy

Beth at Aunties said...

Wow...tears. Any time a family goes through premature births and have sick tiny ones it grips my heart. Two of our sons were born as 7 months premies, not as premie as Christy's tiny sweethearts... I will say a prayer for them and their family. I do know Heavenly Father is so aware and loves them even more more than we can ever imagine.
How grateful I am for the NICU and modern medicine!
May Heavenly Father pour out his most choice blessings on these tiny girls and their family at this time.
Love, Beth

Beth at Aunties said...

I pray the twins are doing much better... day by day and their weet parents holding up . I wish I could ship you some tulips:)
We are tryng to leave for our sons graduation in VA Saturday moning and my FIL is failing so fast. I am meeting with more drs today. Then on Sunday my preciosu mom in I.F. had a grease fire while fixing dinner to take to my Brother's family. She didn't grab mitts and grabbed the pan of hot oil to take out outside..arrrg burned both hands and her face. Her hands have second degree burns and needs to be debriefed every 2 days at the hospital.. I has sickened my heart at the pain she is going through. I have a sad heart.
I so appreciate your real friendship...not just through cyberspace...my friend.

Hugs, beth
*C*