I am excited to have this finished! Kimberly if you don't want to see until it arrives, don't read this post! When Kimberly found out she was having a girl, and she decided to just use Aliya's crib blanket for Zurie. I felt bad because I have made all the kids their crib blanket (except Kaylie's which we purchased, because that was what mom wanted for her bed). I knew I was short on time (as always), I did get her grammy quilt all done, but wanted to add to her crib layout. I was in my sewing room the one day and remembered this quilt I had started years ago. Actually I am not sure when I started it, but at least 6 years ago. I called Kimberly and asked her about finishing it for Zurie. I didn't get it done before she was born and now she is two months old, but I finished it this weekend (with a little help from Aimee, a great button stitcher!). It is a Debbie Mumm pattern, Chicks and Bunnies, from her book "Quilting through the Year". I had never purchased backing, so I found a cute little pink print that went well with the overall theme of the quilt and the girls room. I hope Zurie will enjoy her quilt.

A Chick close-up:

A bunny close-up:

I think he looks cross-eyed and a little Italian with those whiskers!
A close-up of quilting details:

I free motion quilted the whole thing on my Inspira frame with the Mega Quilter. I attempted feathers in the border. They will get better with practice, I hope. I had fun making clouds and butterflies in the sky. You can see in the close-ups that the flowers are appliqued on. I did wash this quilt after I bound it and before adding the details.

And just for my girls, the folded quilt pic...we all love this!
*Please note: Okay I am not advocating buttons on baby's blankets. They are sewn on well, they will need to be checked but this is more of a decor quilt than a utility quilt.
7 comments:
It is absolutely darling! All the detail work must have taken a lot of time and LOVE!
Thanks for your fun comment...We ahd a hilarious time on that trip.
Hugs, my dear friend!
Okay I just couldn't wait :)-I love it!!!!! It turned out so cute ;)-It's just perfect, I can't believe how much detail there is-Thanks for putting it together for her she will love it for years!!
It came out so cute!!! I love the bunnies and ducks!
Very VERY cute!
Cheers,
Dionne
I agree with everyone else.....just adorable. You have some very lucky grandbabies. And I too would really love to live near you as well. It is so nice to be able to associate with those that have the same beliefs.
W.O.W. That is beautiful!!! LOVe the way it turned out and I am sure Zurie will love it for years! You are so talented MomC!
Love it dear friend, you never cease to amaze me :)
Post a Comment