Growing up one of my favorite actors had to have been Michael Landon! I was so in love with Little Joe Cartwright, he was handsome, smart and best of all lived in a time I was sure I loved. Later I again fell in love with the Little House series, it was a family favorite. I still remember evenings at home with the fireplace going, watching the antics of Laura, Nellie and the others. Watching Charles Ingalls be the perfect father, always quick to help fix a broken heart.
Last night Hallmark had a 6 hour event, a remake of the Little House movies. It was great! Between embroidery blankets for our local marching band and crocheting during the movie, I watched all six hours. I loved how they did it (minus Michael Landon of course...no one will be able to feel that spot I am afraid). I even really like the actor playing Mr. Edwards, he was lovable and sincere. Mary and Laura were adorable girls, and the little actress playing Laura was awesome. I love this time period in history. Something has always spoken to my heart and soul about the pioneers. As a girl I would pack up the red wagon, cat and little brother in tow and journey out across the wild frontier (the front yard to the back). I am not sure if it was the challenge of the whole thing, or the desire to have the courage they had then. Now as an adult, I am sure it is the longing for simpler lifestyle, allbeit a difficult one. I know I desire the sincere, unwavering faith they had, that God would watch over them, protect them and heal them. I now know I am sure I could have never endured the many miles they walked or rode in a wagon, but to set out on a new and undetermined adventure. Well it just tugs at you!
Well enough ramblings for tonight...hopefully tomorrow will bring a post about a quilt
1 day ago


3 comments:
There are certain people that I would really like to meet someday and Michael Landon is one of them. His endeavors in the entertainment industry have always been uplifting.
I too love "Little House on the Prarie." It is my favorite TV show of all time. A few years ago my family purchased the entire series for me and we often sit and watch them together. They are wholesome and inspiring. We always come away with a greater love and appreciation for each other as we watch the Ingalls family face the challenges of life.
Sometimes I still catch little house on the parie in the mornings every once in a while-Just one of those classic-sorry if I interrupted any of it last night-
We missed out. I so know how you feel. I really enjoyed the show the simpler feelings of love and that God was watching over us all.
I am glad the series was enjoyable. It is a shame that Michael Landon passed away so early in his life.
Enjoyed your trip to costco... I can get in trouble in that store easily!:-)
The swimwear was darling!
Enjoy your Monday evening!:-)
Post a Comment