
Okay it isn't a quilt, but I did do some sewing! Yesterday the new baby was blessed in church. It was an occasion for celebration. His mom and I made him this cute little outfit, he certainly looked like a little man all duded up and especially with the head of hair. Just to get an idea of the size of this, we used a cabbage patch doll pattern and lengthened it for him. It still was a tad large in spots. His little blanket I embroidered for him for his special day.
We also made his dad a tie to match. Dad thought that was great! So hopefully this afternoon will find me on to other adventures in the sewing room.


4 comments:
Ohhhh!! I love it-you guys did such a great job!! I wish I could of been there-I can't wait to see you all-especially him :)
AWWWW! How cute! I love the matching tie to go with it! So clever!
Ty-Kell’s baby blessing outfit is so darling. I bet he will look so so cute in it.. Each of these precious little ones bring so much joy and their personalities are so different from each other. I don’t thing we could ever have too many of these precious gifts.
That was so cool you made one for his daddy to wear as he gives him his blessing. Enjoy your family! And 2 more to go... for now:)
Beth
Beautiful! My mom and I made bapbtism outfits for all three of my children. My mom is long gone, but I treasure those outfits, and I hope my children will someday too. (They are 11, 9 and 4 and don't care yet)
Cheers,
Dionne
Post a Comment