Thursday, September 4, 2008

Old Tobacco Road Mystery


In an effort to feel like accomplish something in my days...here are my fabric choices for Bonnie Hunter's new mystery quilt "Old Tobacco Road". It is sure to be fun! She started it Friday before Labor Day....but I am behind (as usual). I am excited to get started on the 4-patches which I think I will do in the neutral with green tones...haven't completely decided. If you have not seen Bonnie's work go check her out at http://www.quiltville.com . She has amazing quilts all made from scraps and stash.
My quilt has some stash in it, but I did purchase the red border fabric and some of the greens and blues. I do think I might pull in some brown-reds and blacks.
Maybe this weekend....(I am wishing...I am hoping......)

5 comments:

Dionne said...

Your color choices are lovely. I am only just ahead of you by 1 step! I am trying very hard not to read too many posts so I won't spoil my surprise!

I hope you post as you go, I would love to see how it turns out!

Keep Quiltin'
Dionne

Anonymous said...

Fabrics are looking good, I have started on my 4 patches but think they are too scrappy, might start again.

cheers
Christine

Unknown said...

Wow, love your fabrics and the "keeping it rural" fabric is a hoot! love it.... I am guessing that is the border? Really nice fabs

Anonymous said...

Mom I love all your colors-You are so good at finding everything that goes together just perfectly-I think that is why the Maverick Stars is easy for me to do I don't have to match colors :)hehe Can't wait to see it done-

Jude said...

I love your fabric choices and I look forward to seeing the finished quilt top. (haven't started mine yet....)