This may be the reason I don't so much enjoy living in Arizona. I really don't enjoy the heat, but have tried to focus on the 8 - 9 months of near perfect blue skied days that we enjoy... I try not to miss the crisp cool air of fall too much, although I always do get a tad homesick for fall leaves and apple harvest. I have grown accustom to "our" green here, and the fact that there is little to no yard maintenance...but or maybe I should say BUT....
I have not learned to enjoy the "critters"
I just went out side to get something from my car....look what was habitating in the driveway! Ewww! At least it is not a scorpion, or wild looking spider...but ewwww!
The rock next to it is about the size of a dime....

We have had lots more insects this summer, I am sure due to all the rain. We need the rain so I guess we will have to endure the "critters"....
5 comments:
I too miss the crisp fall days...shouldn't we be wearing sweatshirts by now???
WOW!! I would be scared he might get in the house-what an ugly bug ya ewww-Aliya and Landon would want to keep it as a pet if they found that in the backyard-:)
Eww, I totally DISLIKE bugs off all kinds! I know some are good and help us by killing other bugs but they are all just nasty! Madi is sitting here next to me, and she said, "oh it's a mommy bug... a mommy big is nice!" haha, kids. They are not scared of anything until we condition them to be so!
I lived in AZ for a while (a bit further north) and I remember most the endless shades of brown... and the bugs! My kid s don't believe me when I tell them that the black ants can be as big as a nickle and REALLY hurt when they bite. Thanks for sharing, it brings back memories of my teenage years!
Ewwwww! So, you are in Arizona? I have been through there as a child. Do not know it well.
I'm originally from the humid South and we have bugs so big that my husband jokingly says they have aircraft warning lights on their wings.
Ha!
Elizabeth
Post a Comment