I haven't done a whole lot of sewing, quilting or much creating at all in the last almost 4 weeks. Baby Ty-kell has had a rough start which has kept this gramma busy. Not to mention my other responsibilities. Anyway over the last couple of weeks I have passed some anniversaries of sort. I typically don't give it much thought, but this year I have thought alot about it. Fourteen years ago this month my mother passed away from pancreatic cancer. It was devasting at the time, and I have missed her so much over the last 14 years. She was so young and had some many things left to share with us. Don't get me wrong, I have a wonderful belief system and a strong knowledge of where she is at and that we will see and be with her again forever...just for some reason this year...well I am missing her. It might be the new baby and the other two coming. She would love to be apart I am sure. As my life unfolds with all of its trials, blessings and adventures, I guess I must yearn to be able to share it all with the one who gave me life!
So to mothers everywhere who give so much and expect so little in return, may your lives be full of happiness and joy for all the little things your do and the many big things that you do!
1 day ago


3 comments:
Thanks for your thoughts Mom C, I have always looked up to you. You have been nothing but loving and kind towards me always giving me great encouragement and advise throughout all these years since Kim and I met. I know your mom is so proud of you not just for all your accomplishments but for the way you make others feel here on earth. Your post makes me think of this book I read just two days ago it's by Chris Stewart, it's Called the Great and The Terrible- The Brothers. It talks about what life could have been like in the premortal world with our families and how Satan tries to decieve us. It was a great book!
I usually go UGH when I click someone's page and music comes on, but with yours....my eyes brimmed over. I love John Denver. I love this song. He fills my heart and my world misses him and his music in it!
My mom and stepdad moved to Kuna when I was in highschool. I stayed in California with my Dad to finish highschool there, but after school I came up to Idaho to work for the summer. That is where I met DH, and hense was shopping for dress fabric in Meridian when we started dating.
DH is from Ontario Oregon!
PS..if you go log into your blogger dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE on the left hand side, and then click the 3rd option down "show email address" I would be able to reply to your comment via email without having to track you down. It makes communication easier! Just a hint!
Bonnie
Well mom-I saw that you updated your blog, so clicked in to read it and didn't expect to sit here and cry at the computer. I am grateful to have a mother to share special moments with and quite often think about how strong you are to do it without yours. I always think about what it would be like to have Grandma here to see my babies and for them to know her and then a feeling comes over me and I know that they got to spend time with her and they do know her, what a comforting feeling it is to know she is sending them to us with I'm sure a little piece of her, who knows maybe she is that one that told Landon to "Live life to the Fullest". I am grateful for the mother you are-It is always nice to have someone to look up to and aspire to be like. If I am half the mom you are I will count myself blessed, thanks for all you do for me and my little family. I love you.
Post a Comment