Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Grandbaby #1 for 2008




The first of three grandbabies that are due in the next few months arrived Sunday afternoon. He was a bit early and he is kind of small, but doing great. I am sure he will grow fast and in no time have lots of fat rolls. Here are pictures of the crib his grandpa (my DH) made for him and pictures of the quilt his mommy made (our daughter) for him. I quilted it for her. It is "crayon box" from http://quiltville.com/, by Bonnie Hunter. It is an easy quilt. We did it more controlled as far as scraps, but I think it turned out darling... I don't have the bumper pads finished yet, but will post a picture when they are done. Grandpa also made him a changing table/dresser. We got to go set it up last night already for his arrival home today. He is a sweetie and we are so happy to have him be part of our family. In honor of baby Ty-kell, I am changing my background to 'blue'....

9 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

Trisha, Congrats on becoming a grandma, or as we call her Nana. You certainly have a creative family! The baby furniture and the quilt are beautiful. I think I'll take a look at Bonnie's crayons quilt. I might whip up one for our guild's charity.

I see that you have my blog on your side bar and that it says I haven't posted in THREE WEEKs! Yikes!! things are pretty busy here but check in the next couple of days. I'm meeting a fellow blogger tomorrow for lunch and hope to post about our adventures!!

Hugs to your new grandson!

McIrish Annie said...

Hey tricia! don't know what happened to my comment! I got yours on my blog. the snowman quilt is Winter Wonderland by Crabapple Hill! Really fun though I don't know if I will do the whole thing but I'm loving the redwork blocks. I'll try to post my blocks this weekend.

Dionne said...

Congrats on your new little grand-baby! What a blessing. The quilt your daughter made is beautiful. I must confess I sometimes(always) control my scraps too. I've never been able to just let the scrappy colors free to do what they will.

The crib your husband made is fantastic! He's very talented.

Keep Quiltin'
Dionne

Beth at Aunties said...

Tricia,
Congratulation on your new sweet grandson. Grandchildren are the very best gifts. We also recieved our grandchildren in big doses... three in four months then two years later three more from the same married kids in four months. So we had six beauties two years old and younger. Holidays were so much fun.
The quilt and the furniture are beautiful. I am going to check out
the crayon quilt pattern. enj this wonderful time and enoy the soft Kisses.
Beth

Andi said...

Congrats! I hope baby and mom are doing well... The crib, changing table, and quilts are beautiful! What a lucky baby boy!

Beth at Aunties said...

Tricia,
Your blessed event prompted a post on our blog whcih I linked yours to. Again congratulations!

Christy said...

Wow! You guys did an amazing job on the crib and changing table. And the blanket is darling! Thanks for sending me that email of the pictures of the little guy! Ty-kell is such a unique name too! He is another cutie! I think your family is just destine for all the cute babies! ;) Tell them congrats for me!

Corey said...

Congrats Mom! Looks like you've been busy. I found your blog threw Kim's blog. Is the direction you took with that little business you told me a while back and needed a website for? Thanks for all the emails and pics. Now I'll be able to keep up with ya a little better. Love ya'
Corey

Betsy said...

Lucky baby!