Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!




So I have been thinking alot about my mother lately.  She passed away many years ago, after a well fought battle with cancer.  I often think of the things I can do as a direct result of the time she spent teaching me.  I delight in the accomplishments of my own children when I see her talents and abilities magnified in them. 
I am sure it wasn't by chance that I got the privilege to be her daughter, her my mother.  I am grateful.  Grateful for all the many sacrifices she made for me.   I so often wish I had a day to spend with her, to ask questions, seek advice and just be with her.  One day....
Yesterday as I was running errands I heard this song on the radio.  It reached out touched my soul, said things I felt....I love songs that do that! 
Well here it is, I hope you enjoy it too....I will now have to check out their other music.
To mothers everywhere who give so much.  I hope you enjoy your day....that you can kick back a little and enjoy what matters most in this world.  Our greatest treasures....children, husbands, family, and friends.



Happy Mother's Day Mom!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

she looks beautiful in that pic! Love you mom hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day!

The Petty Family said...

Oh, mom that made me cry. I miss her so much too. I sometimes think what a wonderful relationship we would have, and how much she would enjoy my children. I also miss the most wonderful mom in the world! I love you marmie.

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Mom I pray all the time that I can be as great of a mom as you are. . .I hope that I can live to have children write and say such sweet things about me. . .Like Aimee I often wish that Grandma could be here to see my children. . .but I thank God everyday that I have you, and can't imagine not being able to just call and talk to you, and take a short trip to visit. I know the eternities will make up for the time that you and your mom missed, but until then know that your just as important to us as your mother was/is to you. I LOVE YOU. . Have the best MOther's DAY!

Christy said...

What a beautiful message to your mom.That is a beautiful picture of her too. I KNOW she is so proud of you and your kids, her grandkids and great- grandkids. That is a beautiful song. Thanks for sharing that with us. Hope you have an amazing Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day MomC!
Love you!