Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pillow Talk

Today the girls (my daughter and daughter in law), made pillowcases. We made 20 pillowcases and have enough supplies for 20 more, with about 7 of those all cut and ready to be sewn. It was such a great way to spend the afternoon. The little ones slept and we sewed. Here is a picture of our accomplishment.

Tomorrow I will post the directions if you are interested in making them yourself.
There are only 15 shown here the other 5 are birthday ones I am making for myself.
These are for a service project for "Make a Difference Day".
I love to serve and I love to work with my family as we serve. Nothing draws your hearts together more than working towards a common goal. We used to have family service projects all the time before we moved out here, this is really the first one I think....I think we will be doing some more! Stay tuned for instructions to follow tomorrow.

5 comments:

Connie~ said...

Love your posts and looking forward to checking back for the next month!!! Yes, please do post the instuctions for the pillow cases. Looks like a great girl's day project!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Your pillowcases always turn out so cute!! What a fun project!!

Fullmer Frontier said...

This post means a lot to me. I doubt you remember but you made and gave me pillowcases for Christmas years ago (I think it was 2003) and I still have them and use them for Christmas every year.

Nat said...

I would love the insturctions. THen I can make one to match the boy's quilts.

Brianna said...

Those pillow cases are the best!!! Can I come sew with you someday? :)

The one Dallin got for his birthday was so super cute! I know special pillow cases are something my girls would get into...hey, even I would! Love 'em!