Monday, January 19, 2009

What have I been doing lately


I decided I would post about this little gem, because I haven't posted in a while and because...well this has caused me some "stress". I haven't quilted in over two months...I thought for a day or two I might not even ever sew again. Are we laughing yet? I hope so, because this morning, well okay it is afternoon, I am smiling. I finally finished Reyna's pettiskirt! This was a project that on the onset I thought no big deal, and it really wasn't to big of a deal (Although this little thing, which will probably fit about a wee one size 2T) has 61/2 yards of 54" fabric in it.

Let me tell you about Reyna...she is an awesome photographer. I love her stuff, she wants this for props in her pictures. She actually wants a bigger size than this (we will negotiate) but I didn't order enough fabric. These little pettiskirts are amazingly darling!

Will I make more???? I am not sure, I knew going into this the the first one would be the most difficult to accomplish. I know Reyna wants more, she tells me there is a whole list of ladies that want them. I really have to think about this a bit more. But for now, well it just feels good to put away the ruffler and move on to the next quilt project.

4 comments:

Andi said...

That looks like 10+ years worth of sewing for me... but, I'm always impressed with what you make.

Cannot wait to see what Reyna does with them!

Amy said...

Your pettiskirt looks awesome! Savannah has a bigger one that fit her (size 6 to 8) if you ever decide to make these again and want to see it. Good Job!

Christy said...

wow! that's look incredible hard to make, of course socks would be hard for me to make...haha. Your awesome mom, and it turned out so cute!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Great job mom!!! I can't imagine how hard that was-all those ruffles-I hate gathering :)-It turned out way cute though!! Looks very professional-If it was worth your time I bet you could make bank on them!