"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are often more dull than otherwise. Life is like an old-time rail journey...Delays, side tracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas, and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."
-Gordon B. Hinckley
I have been doing alot of thinking lately...(okay no one laugh). Really I have been thinking about all sorts of things. Yesterday as I watched my little grandson, I reay part of this quote that is on his wall and have thought alot about it in the last 24+ hours. Over his closet his mother has, "and oh, isn't it a wonderful ride". It really is a wonderful ride, full of all sorts of twists and turns...some of which we would have never imagined for ourselves, or signed up to take. I am thankful I understand the plan, well understand enough to know no matter what this ride feels like right now, in the end it will be the most wonderful. My job is to look for the beauty in it.
1 day ago


4 comments:
Do you know how much your comments mean to me? You are such a breath of sunshine and fresh air all in one! Thanks for being so wonderful:-) I love your incredible spirit which comes through.
There sure are lots of turns and twists in this life!!! Some can really bring you to your knees fast. I know ours can and have many times:)
I love this quote of President Hinckley and have it on my 'dormant' family blog:-) I hope things are going well for you in the beautiful desert. My husband has been in Gilbert all week and will head to some meetings in flagstaff tomorrow, and then home again.
The Pettiskirt is adorable! But I can see it was a ton of work!!!
I have been meaning to ask you if you know a Linda Harper? Her daughter lives in Tucson, Ric and Stacy Erickson I believe. He is a hair stylist and they have a photgraphy studio.
Anyway it is such a small world I thought you might.
I hope your week is going well.
Warmly,
Beth *C*
I love that quote! I have heard it many times before, and everytime I get the chance to read it again it reminds me to be thankful for all my learning experiences! Thanks for your thoughts on it, that made it even more special! love you MomC!
I hate when you read things like that when you know that it is right, but you don't want it to be because now I have to change my attitude:)- Thanks for the reminder to be a better person- i needed that love you tons
I also love that quote. It really does make you think. I am so eternally grateful for prophets and for the counsel they give us. How awful it would be to live in this world without their words of wisdom and understanding. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment