I thought I would post what I did Saturday before taking in the embroidery machine. We have two grandbabies coming this year...a grandson in August and a granddaughter in October. I have been working on a few baby items here and there. I made a burp cloth the other day and hadn't gotten around to embroidering on it. Saturday when I was trying to get the machine to work right, I did this design. I thought it turned out pretty fun...I think his mom and dad will like it.


This is my last year Snowman block of the month. I just finished stitching all the blocks Saturday night. I have cut the borders for the last two blocks, but can't sew them on yet. I am debating how to quilt this...I asked for opinions on the Pfaff grand quilter board, and everyone but one said don't quilt through the snowmen. The pattern has you do large hand quilt stitches around each snowman block, but I am not sure if that will be enough in that area, as those blocks finish at 8 x 10.5....any suggestions. I will quilt in the borders and it has another homespun border....What do you think?
Decisions, Decisions!


5 comments:
Hi Tricia!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and welcoming me to the Yahoo group.. As you saw, I have been blogging and quilting for a while but Janome and quilt frame are a new endeavor. I'm sure our paths will be crossing often!! I've added you to my blog list. Love your little snowman blocks. I'm working on a snowman quilt myself and hopefully will have it done before the snow actually arrives this year!
I love your snowman quilt!
That is a project that I would enjoy.
I would probably quilt by machine stitching in the ditch around all the blocks and then do some hand quilting around the snowmen.
Depending on intended use of the quilt & your batting, & most are ok with 4-6" spacing or even more, you would be fine just outlining the snowmen.If you are really concerned you might quilt in a few simple detail lines.I quilted a donated flannel winter panel quilt & outlined the figures & added minimal inside details. Just check your batting directions.
Roslyn
WOw! I just love your snowman quilt! Did you come up with the idea? I don't have really any sugggestions for you though, sorry..I don't know much or I guess anything about quilting, but I think anything you do it will turn out great! And the burp cloths with the choo choo train are adroable!
Loved the colors of the "orange crush", but you know I love lots of color.
The snowman quilt reminds me of the one my mom did of Raggedy Ann and Andy. I like the look of embroidery blocks in a quilt.
I'll check back to see your latest project!
Post a Comment