I have kind of modified my quilt goal as I have had several opportunities to serve in a bit of a different quilt way, but blankets none the less, so I feel like they can count.
First I was asked to get blankets ready to be tied for a service project our young women did in connection with their girls camp this summer. I readied 7 of these blankets for them. Quite honestly I can't remember where they were going...but they were a lap size. Work involved I felt like I could count 3 towards my quilt count.
Then I helped and I am still doing some of these...with a project our Stake Relief Society sponsored in connection with the RS Broadcast the end of September. We did several items for our local foster care organization. Our county services 4000 children each year! I know holy cow and heart-breaking all in the same breath. We did these little comfort blankets. I did 10 before the event (I was actually out of town for the event). Here are the ten. I am doing more and will post those later when they are complete.
Love the ones with ribbon tags! Honestly they are the easier of the two to complete. But the little picots or prairie points as I call them...are SO cute!
Here is front and back of what the next four more looked like.
A stack of 4 finishes!
All the supplies for these ten were taken from my stash and ribbon bucket. Now that feels good to have it here and be able to accomplish something with it.
Again the front and back of the next group of 4. I love this little owl print...so retro and fun! The backing is a white with bright pink and lime green dots...oh so sweet!
Well that is enough for today! Pretty good catch up and it brings the totally to 13! A far cry from 50 but I have several completed just need to bind them and many more of these little comfort blankets ready to make or have finished. I will be posting more completes this week. The clock is ticking...must hurry!









4 comments:
Look what you have accomplished! You and your sweet heart are amazing as you so willingly share your talents with others to bless their lives with comfort and warmth. You are an example of goodness!
I was thinking about your goal the other day, and wondering if you were still working on it. . . look what you have to show!!! bytheway I think you should be able to count all 7 lap quilts :) Great job mom, can't wait to see the rest of them!!
Oh! and I LOVE your backgrounnd-so cute!!
this is a cool goal! You are doing great!
Post a Comment