Monday, October 17, 2011

And today let's hear it for the Number Fourteen!

That's right!  Number 14!  This is the 14th finish. 
This summer while in Idaho the three girls (we were missing Kimberly) and I did some shopping.  Really what is getting together with your girls if you can't do a bit of shopping!  We wandered over to JoAnn's it was so nice of them to accomodate our travel schedule and have a GIANT sale.  I let all the girls pick fat quarters (they were on sale for a really good price) to make 2 charity quilt tops each.  And since today is Dawnise's birthday I will feature one of her tops!  It turned out darling Dawnise...great fabric picking!  AND Happy Birthday!


 These little rubber duckies are so cute!  I am sure they will make a little one smile.  Dawnise pickes this darker blue because it looked a bit like water....It really does a great job of picture framing the quilt.
 I picked the yellow bubble dot fabric for the backing.  I was pretty confident about it until I had the quilt quilted and then I wasn't sure I liked it, but by then it was too late!  I quilted it in a light blue thread in the Tidal Wave pantograph....you know there are occasionally tidal waves in the bathtub with little ones in there....
 Washed, Folded and Ready to be loved!
 I bound it with my newest favorite technique!  Seriously how did I live so long without binding quilts this way!  I really like the blue and green togehter in this binding!
Thanks Dawnise for another cute quilt to send off to kids in needs!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay for number 14!! You are well on your way mom!! It turned out so cute!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

I like the blue and green together too!! your on a roll mom. . .don't stop!! :)

Heidi said...

Yeah for 14! Way to go!