Monday, July 18, 2011

Welcome to the Dog Patch!

I have three finished quilts to share today!  Yeah for finishes!  This first one I will call Dog Patch, I love the gray and orange combo in these two quilts.  They were fat quarter bundles that I added orange and gray to to make two charity quilts.  I am pretty sure some little guy will love his puppy quilt and I hope it brings a bit of comfort amist whatever turmoil he is going through.
 
 Close-up of quilting details.  I quilted this one "DogPatch" with the pantograph Dandy from Super Simple Collection.  I am really liking many of these pantographs and the charity quilts give me lots of reason to test new ones out.  I quilted it in a slate gray that matches the backing and some of the "patches".
 Okay I admit it...I HEART STRIPES!  I love them as binding.  I really love this faux piped binding, whoa, it makes binding a quilt a breeze, plus it is all machine sewn down which make me feel really good since these little quilts will see the washing machine ALOT!

Washed and folded quilt...nothing better!

 I used a solid slate gray on the back, not my first choice but I couldn't find anything else to match and I really wanted a gray tone on the back.  I did the same on the next one also which I call "Dog Daze".

 Very similar to the first but it doesn't have a pieced border...whew, that made it a bit faster in construction.
 The quilting is hard to see, but it is the Fracture pantograph.  Also in the slate gray thread.
 Again Faux binding!  Will I ever be able to hand bind a quilt again?  This picture makes the binding look cheddar...love cheddar but it IS really orange.
 AND the washed and folded quilt, ready to be mailed.
 Little Forest Friends is a gift.  It is for the newest addition to the extended Clayton family.  Last week our Nephew and his wife welcomed their first baby, a little boy to their family.  We are excited and happy for them.  This will go in the mail today, off to cover the precious new addition.
 I did the back in an overall print flannel.  It is so soft and will be nice for the cold winters where they live.
 Used a bone colored thread (hard to find in large spools) to quilt.  I used the oak leaf pantograph, wasn't too sure about it but I like how it turned out.  (Thanks Aimee)  Also....see the stripes!  And the faux binding...loved how it looks!
Washed and folded ready for delivery.  Congratulations Beaux and Rainey!

6 comments:

Connie~ said...

I wish we lived by eachother! I would love to glean from your talents!

Cassie said...

they look amazing!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

THese are super cute!!! Love them!!

Nat said...

LOVE them All!! I am so happy that I get to watch them grow. ;)
from the little pieces of fabric from Joanns the these AWESOME gifts of Hope and Love. You are Amazing!!

April Garvin said...

These are very cute!

Candace said...

Such cute quilts, I especially love orange.