Monday, January 24, 2011

First quilt finish of the year!

I have been working on this quilt for awhile, and actually it has been finished for awhile, just not bound. I finally jumped in, got brave, cut the scallops and sewed on the binding. Hand stitching the binding down was just an evening movie!
Here is a close up of the individual block. It was suppose to be hand embroidered, but we digitized it on the embroidery machine, went super fast.
I used the small navy blue and white pin dot on the back...so cute! I quilted it with the Frisky Feather pantograph by Lorien Quilting in white thread. I always struggle with thread color!
Nothing better than a washed and folded quilt! Baby Joslyn, I hope you love your new quilt!

This pattern is from the March/April 2008 edition of Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting Magazine and is called Sweet Baby Jane's Garden

5 comments:

Nat said...

I love it!!! Way beyond my skills, but so Beautiful!

Rena said...

Wow that is pretty! I loved the scalloped edges. Those are pretty uncommon. Beautiful!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

I LOOOOOVVVVEEE the polka dots!!! So cute!! what a sweet little quilt. . .can't wait to see more :)

Connie~ said...

Simply beautiful! I was not blessed with the talent of quilting. Thanks for sharing your talent through pictures!

Andi said...

I'm with everyone else. I just had to comment that I sure love navy and yellow together.