Let's just say this is always a hard week in August
Time flies quickly, I can hardly believe it has been 16 years. When this song came out a few years after my mother passed away I really did just love it! Something about it just makes me go back in time....
I have no sisters only brothers, so there was no fighting over pearls(literally)...but maybe their were struggles then...maybe even now. They say time heals all things, I suppose the pain is less, but I still sometimes just wish to pick up the phone and have a conversation with her....
I know Families are Forever...for this I am grateful. I know I will see her again, that brings comfort.
I see so much of those gone before in the ones coming now...did they feel that way about me, my brothers, my cousins?
Here are a few things I see in my 9 little ones (grandbabies) that I am sure she smiles at everyday!
Aliya...Sweet and smart
Kaylie...Independent and self assured
Landon...Neat and Tender
Parker....Full of adventure
Ty-kell...Strong willed and determined
Sophie...Artistic and gentle
Zurie...Happy and Kind
Amea...Red-headed and patient (most the time!)
Here is a picture of her in her younger years! Her beauty has been passed along in my beautiful nieces and granddaughters. 
So to my mother who was All of the above and so much more.... Thanks for the legacy!


7 comments:
We all loved Aunt Diane so much, I know my mom misses her sister all the time. We love you tons!
this is awesome. Thanks for sharing. I especially enjoyed the song.
I can see a little bit of her in Zurie-I am glad I am reminded of her each time I look at her-thanks for the sweet memories, wasn't expecting to wipe my eyes and blow my nose :)-Love you mom
Loved the song. I am so happy to have met you! I am sure that your mom watches over you and is proud of you!
Oh, I really love this song! I also had to wipe tears away... Mom just gave me my dad's railroad watch to give to one of our sons:) She never has had real pearls, and I don't think she has missed them... My sisters are so great even if she did, I doubt any feelings would arise.
I can't even imagine not having my wonderful mom in my life. She is so wise. Bless your heart, you must have been young when she passed away. I am so sorry she has not been around to love and enjoy her posterity and pass her testimony and wisdom down to them... I am so glad they have YOU. What a blessing you see so much of her in your sweet grandchildren.
I was 34 when my dad died at age 61. It has been 24 years and I still want to call him on the phone. I too see him in my sons and grandchildren.
It has been in the temple where the pain of missing him has been relieved and insights learned...
In so many ways my FIL became my dad too and a wonderful gift to me!
Thank you sweet friend for everything!:)
This is a beautiful and tender tribute to your beautiful mom.~♥
Side note: I learned Money is highly overrated when eternal relationships are at stake. It was in the temple where I also learned the Lord will always help us find a way to provide...we just need to rely on HIM more. (or Mr Obama will step up with his many programs with everyone else's money!!!!:) Laugh with me... Oh my, I cannot believe I almost used the Lord and President Obama in the same sentence!!!:D
Warm and tender hugs to you my sweet Idaho/Arizona friend ♥♥♥
I really loved this post, and that you see so many things in your grandchildren that were your mother's, or those who were before.
Post a Comment