She really was, although she stayed composed for a moment or so. She did know something was up, but not sure what it might be. (Check out the artwork over the couch...this artist's works were all throughout this complex...I thought they were just great! I think I was the only one)
Here she realizes it is ALL of us! She is overcome with emotion. This lovely lady is my mother in law and she celebrated her 75th birthday in Puerta Vallarta Mexico. Two days later all of her children and their spouses surprised her to spend a week with her and Dad in Mexico.
We all had a great time! It was so nice to relax a bit, and catch up with everyone!
Hugs all around and a few tears



Laughs and warm embraces

I really think she was in shock....It was late, we had to wait for Duane whose flight got delayed


We made it! Little did we know about the adventures that awaited us in this country.

See she looks so happy! It was great to be part of this surprise.

Here was what greeted us the first evening we were there out the back side of our condominium. Pictures don't do it justice, it was breath-taking
These were taken down off the Melicom. It was so fun to go down there and people watch, feel the sea breeze and wander. We all began an addiction for Mexican popsicles, "fruitas" as we called them. Let me tell you how yummy they are....YUMMY! We ate them every opportunity we had. Silly tourists!
Here is the Motely Crew the first day out!Okay so I have been working on this post for over a month...sad isn't it. We had a fabulous time with all of Gary's family. I will admit I was apprehensive about traveling to a foreign country. I had a blast and never felt scared, even with the police in front of the mall with their machine guns. I think I will post this now, since it is now April. Maybe eventually I will get up some of the others, but I hesitate to post anything because...well it will be out of order...hahaha!
We are busy, and happy. Seems like Spring here in the Old Pueblo, no real spring weather, not Arizona weather. We have had a ton of rain (much appreciated!), which has brought many blooming plants (some of which we have never seen bloom), which has brought on a bad case of allergies for me! I know it won't last, and the beautiful color is well worth the itchy eyes (well most days).
*just a note this post was started March 18, 2010....wow I really am a blog slacker!



3 comments:
I am so glad you finally blogged about this-I was wanting to see pictures of this!! Love ya-looks like you guys had fun!
What a wonderful birthday she must have had! A great memory for all of you. So glad you have a fun time.
Rick and I went to Puerto Vallarta 8 years ago.... and we loved it. Would love to go back... and we too loved walking on the "broadwalk."
Tricia, WOW, I was so shocked to go into my blog and find a comment from you. I am sooo glad that you found me. As you can see I have been really lacking on my blogging. I need to pick it up again. How fun to see pictures of you and your family. I love your quilts! My Mom is big into piecing quilts. It is a lot of work. You have made some beautiful ones. I will have to keep checking back now that I have found you.
Post a Comment