DO
Last year my husband's cousin did this, she is a young mother of three(now four). I was impressed with what she had written and the thought she had put into having a word that you focus on for the year. I thought about it last year and wanted to do this to, but nothing, well not one word seemed right or correct to use. Well then, as it often does, I forgot! But recently I noticed someone else had done the word of the year (not sure which blog I saw it on), and I thought I really should do that. I have been thinking a lot about which word I would chose, what needed to be focus. It has been hard for me to pinpoint one word, but today I think I did it!
DO
So for the beginning of this new decade and year my focus will be Do, in 2010 I hope to DO:
When quiet promptings nudge I will DO
When idle minutes await I will DO
When someone is in need I will DO
When more is required I will DO
When asked I will DO
I plan to DO more reading, DO more sewing, DO more posting! Wish me luck and stamina...
I DO have a quilt finish for this year. I quilted this "big boy quilt" for my grandson. His mother, my daughter did all the piecing. I am proud of her accomplishments in this area. She doesn't seem to like to sew, but has done alot of it over the last couple of years as she has had a desire to make her house a home. Just for clarification...she had done appliqued scenes for his bumper pads, she unpicked (well her honey helped her do that) the bumper pads and used those on the back of this quilt...probably my most favorite feature of this quilt! Her little guy LOVES his blankets...he should they were made with love!
Tomorrow I will post my finish of the new year.
1 day ago


2 comments:
Love your new background!!! and i wish you the best of luck in all your "doing" :)
Very inspiring!
Post a Comment