Monday, January 18, 2010

First Finish of the New Year and Sunflowers

Lots of years ago...25 to be exact(how did that happen?) We moved to a small community in Northern Utah. Our first home, our third child, fourth child and lots of memories...12 years of them were ours to be had there. We met so many wonderful and special people while there. People who have continued to be our friends, people who walked into our hearts and left great big footprints that we hope will never fade. One such family was the Merrills, he just happened to be our Doctor also...LOL! We would take small town medicine again in a heartbeat. Raelyn was a dear friend who taught me so many things, but one thing she taught me was the love of sunflowers! I can't see a sunflower without thinking about her. When I saw this blinkie, I had to have it here on my blog. From her I learned we should all be sunflowers and face the sun...or for her face the Son! I am thankful for Raelyn and all those who have graced my life and taught me so much.....
Now for the first finish of the New Year. This little quilt was in my head. Nothing special, but it will keep some little person warm.
The back is one of my favorite features of this quilt (I see a habit forming here). Love the maverick stars. Go here for instructions on how to make those.
Here is a close up of one of those cute little stars! How can you resist little maverick stars...trust me they will become addicting. And, why yes, I did use solid dark brown on the back and I really like it! This was a total stash quilt, gotta love that too!
And, of course, my most favorite picture of all, the folded quilt picture! LOVE IT! This quilt washed up so soft and crinkly. I hope it will make a special little one happy to have a blanket to love.

4 comments:

Christy said...

I love your new blog layout and the meaning behind it!Thanks for sharing that story about your good friend from Utah. I know Kim has told me stories from Tremonton too and how great of a place it is. CUTE CUTE quilt! I have always thought browns with blues or pinks are so pretty! Great job MomC!

I miss you guys! Love ya!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

I LOVE THAT QUILT!!!! wow so cute and yes those stars make the quilt-the colors are so fun, and the solid back is just perfect-great job!!!

Dawnise said...

What a great story! Thanks for sharing! The quilt is darling and you did a fabulous job!!

Puhlman said...

OH that is the cutest. I love the crinkly looking fabric. You are truly amazing. Did you know that?