Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Where, Oh Where did this quilter go??? - Revised and pics added

Ha, I can't believe I have not posted in over month! Thanks to those who don't give up and have hope something will appear in this space. I have accomplished a few things actually, just have been busy and gone. I will post them over the course of the next few days, not all at once.
First item...
The end of June our oldest son came to visit with his family. Our daughter in law, Dawnise wanted help in making a quilt for our granddaughter. She brought several fabrics and an idea. She knew she wanted to make the card trick block. She has sewn but really not done any piecing. She did such a great job on her quilt. While they were here she pieced all the blocks and constructed the quilt top. I added the last border for her and machine quilted. I also did the binding. Kaylie, our granddaughter, loves green and her mother let her pick the binding...she of course picked green.


This is a twin sized quilt for Kaylie's new big girl bed. Way to go Dawnise, you did a great job!


The folded quilt picture!


The backing and a glimpse of the machine quilting. I used a pantograph designed by my youngest daughter, it reflected the print in the borders and backing.

Happy Kaylie and Grandpa, snuggling with the new quilt.

7 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

where is the picture??? :) Are you posting that over the next few days LoL :)

Pattie D said...

Yes, bit by bit....like a puzzle...
No I just ran out of time to upload the pic...maybe tonight after visists.

Beth at Aunties said...

Where is it??? I want to see it and hear all about your road trip!!!!

HUgs!

Christy said...

haha! I love your title for this blog...you know Mom I have been wondering this same thing the last few weeks! Glad to see you back! And like everyone else has said, we need to see a picture of that quilt too! :) love ya

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Love the quilt-very cute colors!

Cassie said...

That quilt is absolutely adorable!

Christy said...

beautiful quilt!! Love the colors. She did a great job!