Thursday, June 18, 2009

University of Arizona

I have a friend whose kids love the UofA, they have and are attending there. They had a baby last winter, and she wanted an UofA blanket for the baby. I am behind, but I did get it done this week. I just had to wait until it had been delivered to post.
I did use this pattern from Alex Anderson's baby quilt book. I love this pattern if you have a novelty print to incorporate. I know I had planned this a bit differently when picking up fabrics (in fact I ditched one of the fabrics I had purchased), but I couldn't remember my initial plan. I like how it turned out. So do they! I used the overall print in the red for the backing. I also quilted in the red, I like how that turned out. What color thread to use is always a hard decision for me.
I washed this quilt before passing it on. I really love the look of a quilt washed and folded!


Check out the binding...okay I am still wondering if I made a good choice here. I had this piece in my stash from something else. The colors were perfect and I do love a bias stripe on the edge of a quilt...but I was marginal about this one, I think for me it was the busyness factor. Well I do like the quilt...I have enough fabric to do another one....I will bind it differently for sure.

I love the quilt all folded up!



7 comments:

whoopdedoo_5 said...

the quilt store I work at has every college team possible! So its nice to see a project using one of them! I always wonder what people are going to make with them! :) great work...i think that binding is super cute with it!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

I love the binding-I think it pulls everything together perfectly. It works really well with haveing all the colors, but not to busy. I think it turned out way cute!

Pattie D said...

Thanks Kimberly,
Aimee kept telling me it would be fine, I just was worried about it all being way to busy...Dad thinks it draws your eye out to the binding....

Beth at Aunties said...

I am amazed once more my friend of your incredible talents! What lucky friends! I love it! Shhh....I have two baby quilts to make. One for our new little guy in Boise...who might also be an Alex! Then... Then we get number 12 early next year! It is a such joyful secret!;-) I hope they do not read this blog! Ekkk.
We are headed to Boise this afternoon for a wedding in the morning. Wouldn't it be nice to meet you there?

Hugs and thanks always for your visits!

You were a beautiful bride!

Anonymous said...

It is so pretty! Lucky baby! I am a die-hard Wildcat, and I am going to have to show this picture to my sis in law. ;)

Christy said...

Oh I think the binding is perfect too! I was thinking before I even read that part, that I really liked the binding on it and how you did that. Love the detail work on it and the way you put it all together. Good job Mom! :)

Thanks again for your card and donation to our family! I feel so blessed to be able to call you my second Mom!

Love you mom!

Beth at Aunties said...

I am missing you and hope ALL is well:)