Thursday, February 12, 2009

I am back home....lots of adventure!


Well I made it to Oklahoma to help with the newest addition to the family. I am not sure how much help I really was, but I got to hold the baby occasionally.

I finished Zurie's grammy quilt while I was out there.


A full size picture, the finished blanket size is about 44" x 44" square. It was a fun quilt to put together.


A close up of details

I found the instructions here to make it. It was super easy and very quick to do. I did change things a tad, but nothing dramatic. Using the same concept I made a pillow for big sister Aliya's bed.

Her mom made her quilt for her for Christmas using the same instructions. We, of course, sized them to fit our needs. Zurie's has 25 squares in it, and measures about 45 inches square. Her back is pieced, I didn't get a picture of that. I also finished a recieving blanket that is crocheted around the edge (again forgot to take a picture). I felt pretty good to finish 3 UFO's.

While visiting the grandkiddles, we did a couple of fun things. One of note was a trip to "Unpluggitts". What a great place to play and hang out for the day (we spent 4 hours there). It is in Edmond, OK I believe in the Centenniel Industrial Park. Worth every dime you will pay to get in! My vote is to go!

Landon enjoying the sandbox corner!

Parker enjoying the slide, part of a large play center in one of the rooms.

Aliya plays dress up!

There was a treehouse for a fun adventure and....

A pirate's ship where....

little siblings could be forced to walk the plank!

It was a fun day and all of this was in just one room, in the other large room was a place to paint...you could be Picasso, Rembrandt, or yourself...just paint any masterpiece you choose. There was a place to play checkers, draw chalk art, make cards, use stencils and color, not to mention play-doh...if you are ever in Oklahoma City area, you must check this out.





(photo courtesy NSSL)
"OOOOOOOOOOk-lahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain...." Yes and it did just that while I was there! Actually the day I was suppose to come home, they had severe weather watch. I really thought I was going to be able to slip out of OK inbetween storm fronts...not so lucky! Good news, the tornado touched down a couple of miles from where my daughter lived. No damage to her home, just an afternoon of adventure. There was damage around and in another community several people lost their lives.

5 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

K-your post about the whole week turned out much better ;)-And yes you were a lot of help!-Love the picture of Zurie!

Amanda Jean said...

i love the quilts! they are so bright and cheerful! nice job. :)

Unknown said...

The quilts are great. I am sure you were a huge help, as a grandmother your job is to just entertain the lovely grandchildren, cuddle the babies and get enough of their smell to last till the next visit.
I looked at the first photo and thought it was a doll!

Unknown said...

I meant to comment on the tornados which are quite rare in Canada. I saw the posting on the weather channel and it was worrisome as they are so destructive.

Anonymous said...

Tricia, you are so talented- that is a beautiful quilt! And gotta love the pretty baby. :)