Saturday, November 1, 2008

A week full of excitement!

This week was a busy one full of fun and excitement! First my daughter and I canned butter (yes butter!) and some pinto beans.

On Wednesday our third little granddaughter made her public appearance...rather late in the day but she is healthy and doing well and so is Mom....Dad didn't do to bad either. They will call her Sophie.

I finished baby Sophie's quilt just in time! Her Dad (our son) helped pick out the fabric, despite the fact that he is thrilled about a baby girl, he is not overly excited about "pink" (and it is Sophie's mom's favorite color), so we tried hard not to have too much of that color in the quilt, just for Dad!

Sophie's quilt is also another finished NYE Challenge project....YES! Another thing to cross off.

11 comments:

Christy said...

OH my she is jsut beautiful! You have such beautiful grandkids! Tell Chad congrats! The quilt is also beautiful! I love the design and also the colors! Good job MomC!

Beth at Aunties said...

Oh, the quilt is so beautiful but not as precious, sweet and beautiful as your new little Sophie. I love her name! How wonderful for you and your family to receive these precious little spirits. Three is a year is a wonderful gift.
It is so fun to have three the same age and if they are like ours they will become the best of friends.
Congratulations!
I finally got my email fixed this past week and have been thinking about you:)

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Are those seahorses?? I can't tell what is in the middle of the quilt??-It turned out really cute, I am bias about Parker's though-I still think his is the cutest :)-I think Sophie looks a lot like Rachel-she really is a cutie-I almost have Alex convinced that we need to go there for Thanksgiving so we can see her :)

Heather Magnusson said...

She is such a beautiful baby... those little round cheeks... just so kissable!! Congratulations Grandma!! Beautiful quilt too!!

RR said...

Hi Tricia! (it's Rachel R from church) I found you! Congratulations on another beautiful grandbaby. Oh, and here's the url to my personal blog if you want to see new pictures of Raiden: therandrshow.blogspot.com. enjoy your baby!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful baby!
I would love the recipe for canning pinto beans!! Can you can other beans with the same method?

The Jones Foursome said...

Wow, what a beautiful blog! I love your creative musings! And thank you for your kind comments to me. That made me feel really good. Give a hug to all your family from me, especially those cute new grandkids =).

Beth at Aunties said...

Tricia,
Have enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving and hopfully it will be spent with some of your family.
My husband was in Tucson on church business about a month ago at the new remodel of the Institute building:)
Again the choicest blessing to your family this Holiday!
Beth~♥

Heidi said...

Tricia, beautiful quilts, I'm glad mom gave you the blog site. I had to take off the kids names and try to hide it because we had some strange person checking it out and leaving coments. Love your Bolg Heidi

Christy said...

Hmmm...I wonder if Mom forgot she had a blog?! haha! Hope you had a great Birthday a few days ago! Waiting for an update...

Puhlman said...

Hey Tricia,
Of course I know you. I knew as soon as I read the first two sentences. I am so happy you found my blog. I would love to keep in touch. If you can send me an email. I hope all is going well. I can't even believe how time flies by. I don't remember the last time I even saw you. HMMMMM I have forgotten so much. Keep in touch.