Saturday, October 25, 2008

A trip, a monumental birthday and lots of fall color!


Is this not the most beautiful site? Okay maybe not for you, but for me this is one of my favorite views. I am standing at the Train Depot in Boise, Idaho and overlooking the city...wow the fall colors are just beginning to appear! I wish I could adequately describe the smells, because that is all part of the experience. I miss this city, especially this time of year. I think my son in law said it well this day when he said he felt safe there. (Coming from Tucson where there are lots of unsafe places...well you get the picture).

We got to travel to Idaho this past weekend to celebrate Grandpa Clayton's 75th birthday. It was a surprise for him and we pulled that off. Here is Grandpa with baby Ty-kell as we all surprised him Friday morning. We had a great time seeing all the family (we missed you missionary boys, Mandi, John and Spencer, Chad and Rachel). Grandpa took all seven of his cars out for a spin and let the sons, grandsons and some of the granddaughters take them for a drive. What a great time for him, a "Family Parade"!

We had a surprise party Saturday with all the fun elements, homemade ice cream, pies, Aunt Diane's sugar cookies and don't forget all the old friends and family that gathered. It was such a great time, better than a family reunion! Pictures of some of the great grandchildren playing.

Here we are at the depot, DH with granddaughter Kaylie! She is definately a northerner I had on a sweatshirt and was cold...notice she has on no shoes! !
And finally baby Ty-kell with his mommy and daddy enjoying the beautiful fall weather .

4 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

You guys got some good pictures at the train depot!! I love Boise-There really is a different feeling there :)=

Beth at Aunties said...

Tricia,
I am so glad you got to go HOME to wonderful Boise and be with your family.
I used to ride the train into Boise with my friend from Pocatello. We'd stay with her sister for a week during the summer. Our dads were both engineers on the railroad and we could ride free.
Our kids are sure enjoying Boise and were here in SL while you were there! My DH was actually in Tucson this week on church business! I thought of you. He was also in New Mexico, Texas and spent three days in Arizona. He won't leave again until the 2nd when he goes to Hawaii. The church is growing fast.
I enjoyed your wonderful pictures of your trip and you have a beautiful family!

Heather Magnusson said...

No wonder you miss Boise! Chad would be happy to take you in his suitcase... you'd just have to make a quick stop at the MTC ;). You are awesome and I'm glad you enjoyed your trip!

Christy said...

That was a GREAT weekend! It was so good to see you even if it was just for a few minutes! Thanks for sharing Kim with me, it was good to have Kim all to myself for a day...hehe ;) Those pictures are great too. I love Boise!