Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I Finished something...okay really two things!


In August I helped my friend with this quilt for a young friend of hers. Kayla is a little girl she helped take care of before moving here. She comes every summer to spend time and they had decided they wanted to make a quilt. We kept it very simple, but Kayla did help quilt it on my frame and machine. It was fun to watch her excitement. Lots has happened since then and I hadn't gotten it bound...I did that last night...It is officially finished!

Here is closeups of the backing and the quilting...She wanted the money fabric...so funny...


I also replaced a zipper in her son's pants....finished!

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow, I have never seen a quilt look like that one before. Such interesting fabric!

I take it that you are a quilter, then? I have only made one quilt and I got a lot of help. I'm not a good sewer because I'm impatient.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and telling me about your calling as a seminary teacher. I have always wondered about that. It sounds like something I'd enjoy, but, frankly, not the early mornings.

One lady I Visit Teach was just made a seminary teacher or special needs teenagers. It is a part-time position. It must be a wonderful job.

Are you here in Utah?

Take care,
Elizabeth

Kim said...

Your quilts are amazing!!! The money quilt looks awesome! I was blog hopping and found your blog. I enjoy you so much Tricia, so I knew I'd enjoy your blog!
Kim

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for stopping by and sharing more of your story with me. I could identify with many aspects of it.

I didn't want to move out here from NC because all of my family are either in NC or VA. However, I did get a confirmation about coming. I also felt that one of the reasons the Lord wants us here is related to the last days, whatever that means. But it has been extremely difficult to be so far from loved ones. We have gotten to know wonderful people in this state. I can only guess that this is where He wants us to serve Him.

Maybe part of the reason you are in Arizona is to be a support to your grandchildren...

It's hard to watch husbands slave away at jobs they don't like. We have done that, too. I can only have faith that there was something to learn or someone to touch...

Someday, it will be so much better when we can view our lives from the greater light and knowledge of the Spirit World and can understand more and the why's and wherefore's.

Have a grand day!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Nice job MOM!! Does this count towards your new years challenge??--I love love love your background and picture they look so good together and so fallish:)

Christy said...

Awesome quilt! So I wasn't going to say this, cuz it will make me look completely dumb, but when I first looked at that first picture, I thought the money was real and that you had sewn it to the fabric!!! HAHA! Why would anyone do that?! Unless I guess they were a millionaire and just wanted a quilt with money on it??! ANYWAY, I have to tell you I laughed when I saw your cute toe poking out in the last picture! Don't know why, but it made me laugh. ;)

Heather Magnusson said...

such a cute quilt.. who would have thought money.....

Dionne said...

What a great quilt, very auspicious! (is that a word??!!)

The quilting is great! love the green binding.

Cheers,
Dionne

3 Docs and A Diva said...

Tricia,
i love the quilt! I have never seen fabric like that and I know alot of kids who would love it.
Thanks for your welcome back message. You are so sweet and I will someday replace and try to send another email to you. we ahve a lot in common.
Have a great week!
Beth

Beth at Aunties said...

Surprise! That was an opps and who better to send an opps to than someone I already shared this info with in an email which was eaten by the interent. I am me but only using my GGGgrandmothers name:) and trying to do as Elder Ballard asked in a couple ensigns ago. The other is our more private family blog.