Friday, April 6, 2012

A Century Celebration!

Today April 6, 2012 would be my maternal grandfather's 100th birthday.  He has been gone a long time, like 51 years of a long time gone.  He didn't know any of his grandchildren, we were all born after he passed from this earth life. 

 
As near as I can determine this picture was taken in the summer of 1959 at their home in Payette Idaho. Below is a picture of Grandpa, Grandma and the girls.  Denny is missing the oldest child and only boy. 
I have been thinking about what to do to honor this man.  Nothing has come to mind until today.  My Aunt posted it was his birthday, and all of a sudden I thought.  We (his family) should do 100 acts (deliberate) of kindness in his honor.  So family are you with me?  You can come back here and post to this post or we can set up something where we can all share.  Pictures would be fun!  There are quite a few of us.  Please pass this on to other family members who might not be aware of my facebook or blog.  THANKS! 
Happy Birthday Grandpa! 

2 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

THis could be fun!! I want to join in and do this--so excited to come up with some ideas!

Rachel said...

What a good idea! Lets do it!